PE and Sport Premium
What is Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The amount of PE and sport funding which schools receive is based upon the number of children they have in Years 1-6.
When a school receives an Ofsted Inspection, they will assess how schools spend their PE and sports funding. Governors and the schools’ Improvement Partner will also ask about and assess how the funding is spent in between Ofsted inspections.
Detailed information about PE and sports funding for Primary Schools can be found here.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example funding can be used to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions
- Run sports activities with other schools
PE and Sport Premium Funding Statement
Please read the statement below to see how this money is being used to develop high quality provision in PE and sport at Maidensbridge.
Spend and Impact
Swimming and water safety standards at the end of Key Stage 2 in 2021-22
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres?||80%|
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke?||80%|
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations?||80%|
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, no swimming and water safety standards are available for the academic year 2019-20.