Our school meals are offered and operated by the local authority - Dudley Catering Services.
The cost of a school meal is £2.40 per child, per day. Your child will book their school meal each morning during class registration. Payments are to be made, where possible, in advance. You can top up your account on SchoolMoney.
Your child may be able to get free school meals for your child if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a government funded school meal. However, you should still apply for free school meals if you receive any of the benefits listed above, as school will receive additional funding and the free school meal entitlement will apply throughout their primary education.
Please note, due to several children with nut allergies, we ask that no child brings in nuts or nut products within their lunch bags/snacks. Thank you.